Wound, Ostomy & Continence Care
A Wound Care Certified (WCC) nurse provides expert guidance to patients, caregivers on the wound care.
This is accomplished by:
- Assessing each patient with a wound and suggesting appropriate interventions to promote wound healing
- Working closely with physicians in providing the most effective wound care possible
- Providing in-depth training to Agency nurses on interventions necessary to prevent skin breakdown and wound management
- Assessing patients for appropriateness for a Wound Vac (a special device to assist in wound healing)
- Teaching patients and/or caregivers how to care for a wound.
Ostomy Care :
A nurse will assess the patient’s wound/ostomy and consult with the patient’s physician to develop a care plan and provide care related to preventing infection, promoting healing and independence with care.
Continence Care is for patients experiencing urinary voiding issues. A bladder scan can be utilized to determine bladder function and urinary retention. This is a painless, non-invasive procedure using a small portable ultrasound machine which prevents the patient from having to endure an invasive bladder catherization which may be uncomfortable.
We’re Here to Help. Call us at (860) 379-8561 or